BUG Talks and Gardens by the Bay
|Supertrees at Night 1 - Photo Credit: Darren Chinn|
October sees the nights really drawing in, which I find a bit depressing. However, one bright spot on the horizon is the start of this season's talks at the University of Bath Gardening Club (aka BUG).
I'm particularly excited about the first one next week, because it features the pictured Gardens by the Bay. I first saw their Avatar like presence in one of the gardening magazines a while back and I've been itching to find out more about them ever since.
It just so happens the landscape architects responsible (Grant Associates) are based in Bath and offered to come to talk to BUG, so we have Andrew Grant and Patrick Bellew coming to tell us all about their work :)
By coincidence Grant Associates' PR company contacted me recently and gave me permission to use the above image. It also means I'll have plenty more for when I write up next week's talk. Not only that, I'm hoping Andrew Grant will be a VP VIP very soon :)
I see Derry hasn't updated her website with the details yet, so here's the full list of talks we'll be enjoying over the coming months:
- 16th October - Andrew Grant and Patrick Bellew - Gardens by the Bay, Singapore
- 12th November - Mark Diacono - A Taste of the Unexpected
- 11th December - Ann Brooks - The Botanic Gardens of Bath
- 17th January - Jake Hobson - The Art of Creative Pruning
- 11th February - Troy Scott Smith - Winter Gardening
- 13th March - Anthony Archer-Wills - Creating Naturalistic Water Gardens
- 11th April - Rosie Hardy - Seasonal Planting
- 21st May - Heather Russell - My Garden Changes